Senior, Product Designer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
As a UX Designer at Coupang Play, you are expected to own the entire design from strategy to final execution. A strong ability to turn complex problems into simple, elegant UX solutions is key to success at Coupang. You are also expected to make data-informed decisions to drive business impact and think systematically to consider all aspects of user experience. Above all, your design should be supported by clear rational and logic.
- BA in graphic design, interaction design, industrial design, HCI, computer science, psychology, or equivalent degree/experience
- 5+ years of experience in product design
- A portfolio demonstrating your work in at least 1 product/ design that has been released to market. Portfolio should display understanding of target users, design process and visual design skills
- Ability to skillfully use design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to drive design process end to end from distilling insights, creating user journeys, wireframing to UI design. Thereafter working directly with engineers to ensure designs are well implemented
- Experience in collaborating with a product owner to build an overall strategy and prioritization of product roadmap
- Understanding and experience of designing for user touchpoints (mobile, tablet, web, or TV)
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a rapid growth environment
- Experience in planning and conducting user research to generate insights that guide design
- Ability to identify and track data points and reflecting insights in ongoing design iterations
- Knowledge on the e-commerce or video streaming industry enabling multi- dimensional understanding on its customers, sellers, and businesses
- Commitment at work and leadership
- Ability to speak and write in English and Korean fluently