· Manage transportation execution across all lanes and programs for a regional node
· Manage carrier relationships at a local, regional and national level and identify opportunities for improvement through ongoing carrier communication
· Primary manager responsible for driving performance in key metrics such as safety, on-time delivery/pickup, rejections and compliance
· Utilize data across multiple systems to identify the root cause and take action on it within the network
· Has autonomy to make decisions relating to carrier relationships and the responsibility to display solid decision-making and judgment on which problems to escalate and when to escalate problems that require input from cross-functional teams or senior leadership
· Support all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement projects to solve complex problems across the network
· Regularly represents company at meetings with carrier representatives for purposes of managing performance and identifying mutual solutions.
· Responsible for inbound/outbound performance across key metrics
· Manage carrier engagement, driving carrier value proposition: Revenue, Tractor Utilization, Tour Quality
· Partner with Transportation Operations Teams and Building Operations’ Senior leadership to drive process improvements that reduce: Misloads / Trailer Damage / Gate Delays / Fulfillment Center Loads Delays
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
· 6+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation
· Experience leading cross-functional programs
· Experience with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
· Master’s Degree or MBA
· 8+ year’s experience in a Transportation, Supply Chain, Logistics, Retail, Manufacturing, Warehousing Industry Experience
· 8+ years’ experience as a Transportation Manager, Program Manager, Project Manager, Consultant, Analyst, or other relevant work experience
· Proven ability to work cross functionally
· Display solid judgment on when to escalate problems, especially when dealing with ambiguity.
· Ability to work autonomously and report to a remote manager