Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our
mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Silicon Valley, Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
About the role:
This is a critical role to Search & Discovery organization. You will build a world-class indexing platform to power mission critical features such as search, recommendation, and personalization. The team is responsible for developing the platform and the data pipelines for generating all the source data needed to power Coupang search, including both the ground truth data and ranking signals/ML features. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability, as well as optimize the resource efficiency.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors/Masters/PhDs in CS, Parallel Computing, NoSQL Database, Distributed system, and Algorithm
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer developing production level code in Java, Scala, C++, Python
- Experience in using distributed systems to deal with big data platform (Hadoop, Spark, Spark Streaming, HBase, Cassandra, etc) to write ETL pipelines
Bonus points for:
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring ETL pipelines
- Experience in analyzing large scale dataset and making data driven decisions
- Experience in Information Retrieval, Distributed system online serving and/or Search Infrastructure
- Strong optimization mindset and extremely detail-oriented
- Strong capability to design an extensible system to serve both short term and long term needs and implement it incrementally
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal; ability to present the work and gather feedbacks from internal developers
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, energetic, “CAN-DO” attitude and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment