We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Within the Global Procurement Organization, the Principal, Procurement Center of Excellence position reports to the Director of the Procurement Center of Excellence and is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing strategic programs and activities globally. The position organizes and prioritizes critical issues and the required information to facilitate efficient decision making. In addition to the specified strategic program management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall procurement function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied across all projects and categories worldwide. The main responsibilities for the role would be the following:
What You Will Do
- Build and develop efficient operations mechanisms to ensure effective procurement processes globally to generate savings and capture value.
- Drive implementation and adoption of key strategic procurement digital tools.
- Propose / lead / support and secure process and governance optimizations:
- Internal within Global Procurement
- Link to other functions in the company
- External with suppliers / partners
- Provide guidance on procurement strategies, processes, and tools.
- Drive effective program management mechanisms to ensure that all large Procurement projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Generate business insights to drive effective decision making.
- Lead some sourcing strategic projects to ensure the delivery of savings targets.
- Establish strong relationships with internal stakeholders and procurement staff.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree from an accredited College or University
- MBA or Advanced Certifications: Institute of Supply Management (CPSM), SPSM, MCIPS.
- Previous Management Consulting experience is a plus.
- 6+ years in Procurement, Operations Strategy, or Supply Chain Management.
- Significant experience in leading supply chain functions such as planning, procurement, manufacturing, quality, delivery etc.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a growth-oriented environment requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic business-mind and ability to see the big picture.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly synthesize, distill and draw conclusions on large amounts of disparate data.
- Knowledge and experience with Procurement applications (e.g. e-RFx, e-Auction, Ariba, P2P). • Credibility and confidence to deliver strong guidance and messaging to both peers and leaders.
- International orientation – a leader with experience working/living in different countries.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in written and spoken Korean and English.
- MS 365 proficiency with strong skill sets in Excel and Power Point.
*Job seniority will be decided upon the candidate's experience capabilities. It can be a Senior analyst or Principal.
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.