We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As a Principal Engineer of Storage Platform engineering team, you will serve as a thought leader and help drive the overall strategy of the online (hot) storage solutions in the company. You will be working with large scale storage infrastructure services and databases, diving deep into storage implementations, and designing / architecting solutions that are highly scalable, reliable, and efficient. The Storage Platform’s scope includes RDBMS, NoSQL, and cache solutions and you will have the opportunity to work on all of them to drive the next level of scale working with various engineering teams Company-wide.
- Dive deep, design, Architect and drive the build out of Coupang's NoSQL/ MySQL storage solutions
- Drive long-term strategy on transactional and online storage in the company
- Act as thought leader on storage to achieve engineering goals
- Understand the current transactional systems depth and breadth to help align system changes with new storage solutions and lead successful transition.
- Provide expertise on how to develop and operate solutions / features on existing storage solutions for company-wide customers
- Write reliable and reusable code with the ability to scale with very large data volumes
- Mentor Storage engineers and build more engineers with equivalent expertise
- Dive deep and solve technical problems on databases presented by continuous, fast business growth
- Design, develop, and implement software solutions to improve the performance, scalability, availability of the storage platform (NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Identify risks and issues in applications/services with storage dependency, and build software-based solutions to prevent them from occurring
- Help optimize the architecture of the current in-house storage platform
- Adopt appropriate open-source tools to quickly build minimum viable working solutions
- Expert in at least one SQL or NoSQL database system (Cassandra, DynamoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Proven expertise in building storage back-end for large scale systems
- Experience with building, operating, and scaling complex or distributed systems
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles
- Solid foundation in Linux and networking troubleshooting
- Mastery in at least one programming language. Java, Python, or Go is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Cloud computing operations in AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $197,820/year in our lowest geographic market to $367,380/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com