We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the role:
Coupang Workday HRIS Team is a global team which has team members in Korea, China and US. The team is responsible for Coupang Global Workday system operation. We use our professional Workday system technical ability to work with global HR teams on Workday system solution upgrade. The work process stages including requirement analysis, system solution design, system solution implementation, testing, change live, post go-live supporting, administration, etc. The scope of Workday HR function modules includes Core HCM, Compensation, Time Tracking, Talent & Performance, Absence, Security, Report, etc. The scope of countries and regions of operation includes Korea, China (include Hongkong and Taiwan), US, Japan, Singapore, etc. Total of more than 30,000 workers.
What you will be doing:
Quick response to stakeholder’s requests or questions about Workday
- Identifying the type of requests promptly, e.g., daily usage problems, workflow issues, system bugs or new requirements. Replying to stakeholders regarding next steps.
Requirements collection and analysis
- Understanding Coupang HR business and HR Team structure from high level.
- Fast distinguishing related Workday modules and functions based on user’s requests.
- Collecting information about requirements in quick and various ways, including cooperating with HR Teams or internal team, learning legal policies, reading news or literature or professional books.
- Digging into problems behind the request, analyzing business purpose, thinking about whether there is an easy and quick workaround; precisely estimating the impact, if it is an individual case, whether it is worthy of taking time and effort to do research, or if it is a common issue, how to determine priority and urgency.
Solution design for new requirements and system existed issues
- Fully research influence of system configuration resulting from new requirements/ discovering the root cause.
- Analyzing feasibility of solution.
- Utilizing Workday Community and other Workday official tools expertly.
- Providing best practice based on learning Workday product logic.
- If Workday solution has some shortcomings, providing alternate solutions.
- Considering data accuracy, user-friendliness, system scalability and rigorous logic into solution design.
- Following Workday methodology, fully considering priority and resource management, making proper timeline with stakeholders.
System implementation and Issue fix
- Doing jobs based on Coupang implementation process, recording all configuration changes in word or excel.
- Fully considering system performance during implementation.
- Well organizing user testing.
- Migrating configuration into PROD tenant precisely, complete Peer Review and Post Go-live Review timely.
- Inviting users to validate setup and closing tickets.
- Daily Operation, efficiency improvement, risk management.
Basic Qualifications :
Communication Skills :
- You are polite and are conscious of customer service. You can patiently and professionally answer questions from Workday Users who are coming from different countries and regions and have a different background.
- You can communicate with others in a good manner.
Workday Knowledge :
- You are required to have experience and knowledge of Workday HCM and other modules like Absence, Time Tracking, Performance, Compensation.
- Experience with at least one Workday Module: HCM, Absence, Compensation, Time Tracking, Talent, Performance.
- You are familiar with Workday security setup and EIB loading.
- You can work independently on experienced modules, including providing solution design or solving problems on your own.
- For less-experienced modules, you are also able to provide solutions or fix issues with the help of other members.
- Experience with Workday methodology, implementation method and migration tool.
- You should own basic knowledge of HR business, like Onboarding, Termination, Transfer, Probation Period, Contract Management, Absence and Time Entry, Performance and Recruiting.
- Systematic Thinking: Systematic thinking is important for this job; we hope you are good at analyzing and distinguishing all kinds of requirements.
- Global Thinking: You have company-wide perspective.
- You have good negotiation skills and can manage stakeholder’s expectations.
- You understand IT audit regulations.
- You can face work pressure rationally and manage it well.
- You are respectful, honest, and consistent.
- You have project management awareness.
- You are a master of Project Management.
- For complicated projects like big workflow change or brand-new workflow design, you can offer best practices, assess risk, evaluate resources, make plans, and implement it.
- You collaborative effectively keeping long term in mind.
- You can adjust changing circumstances, you are always chasing the best cooperative method, you are goal-driven, and you are willing to put in effort to achieve the goal.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.