We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been at since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As Principal, Strategic Projects you will work on a variety of high profile, complex projects that aim at breaking trade offs across the company. You will work closely with C-level leadership as well as cross functionally to drive change based on data driven insights. At Coupang we always start with a well defined problem statement that leads to measurable results with tangible impact. If you are a systematic critical thinker who likes to think outside the box this role is for you.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our business' pain points and become their champion
- Define and drive the vision, strategy, and success criteria for your problem space
- Define, monitor, and measure success metrics. Consistently integrate data and feedback into key project decisions
- Work backwards from a problem to understand business needs, collaborate with multiple teams to define and implement systemic solutions
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, business leaders and end users
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of work experience, MBA will be highly regarded
- Ability to solve problems through creative thinking and partnerships with other teams
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Experience building new playbooks and processes from scratch
- Experience in an analytical job with ability to think critically to solve difficult problems and break tradeoffs
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Good presentation and communication skills, able to distill key takeaways quickly
- Strong excel skills with a minimum of basic SQL
- Fluent in English, Korean is a plus
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Prior experience could be in a startup or a consulting firm where you have worked cross functionally to build or improve/transform a business
Recruitment Process and Others
Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
1. This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
2. A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
3. A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
4. In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.