We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been at since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
We are currently looking to hire a program management specialist to run various third-party logistics (3PL) programs for our Global Cross-Border eCommerce business (Jikgu). You will be responsible for the monitoring and continuous improvement of our logistics vendors’ performance. This includes analyzing data and insights at scale, identifying bottlenecks during the forwarding and delivery process, and influencing internal and external stakeholders to adopt solutions that would satisfy our customers’ needs and expectations.
You will also be responsible for suggesting and analyzing – quantitatively and qualitatively – different supply chain designs to streamline and optimize complex, large-scale cross-border operations, while focusing on providing the fastest delivery available in the market at the lowest cost of ownership. This role will also require that you support the lead program manager in documenting different internal processes in order to create roadmaps and execute process re-designs.
You must be a self-starter with relevant experience in cross-border logistics, air freight forwarding, or other end-to-end supply chain operations from sourcing to warehousing to logistics and last-mile delivery. You should have a demonstrated ability to coordinate with cross functional teams and drive and successfully deliver organizational and pan-organizational projects. You must also be ready to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, often under tight deadlines.
[ What You Will Do]
- Build and continuously improve dashboards and tracking mechanisms to assess the performance of our 3PL/CDM performance based on a multitude of metrics
- Establish strong relationships with our logistics vendors and other internal/external stakeholders and ensure their alignment on the direction of the business and key issues at hand
- Perform in-depth, at scale analysis to single out factors or bottlenecks negatively impacting delivery speeds and quality of service; discuss and implement solutions with vendors and stakeholders
- With relevant stakeholders, find solutions for problematic shipments and help advise on customer facing resolutions
- Keep track of rising issues relating to data integrity, interfaces with vendors, overall customer experience etc. and disseminate the information to relevant teams in a timely manner
- Provide insights on process re-engineering and supply chain redesign based on various analyses; drive projects and create roadmaps to ensure re-design and improvement projects are delivered and executed successfully and within planned timelines
[ Basic Qualifications]
- 5+ work experience in related field such as cross border logistics, air freight, international trade, etc.
- Strong, hands-on experience in cross-border logistics, air freight forwarding or other relevant supply chain operations such as fulfillment, network optimization etc.
- Ability to deep dive, learn quickly and innovate while looking for solutions
- Willingness to influence both internal and external stakeholders to achieve organizational goals and improve the customer’s experience
- Ability to move with speed to communicate and implement ideas while balancing priorities
- Database experience with SQL or SQL-like skills; experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Exceptional analytical skills; knowledge of “R” or similar statistical analysis tools a plus
- Experience in retail or eCommerce background is a plus
- Working level proficiency in Mandarin
[Recruitment Process and Others]
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.