Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The FP&A team is in charge of planning, monitoring and advising business from finance perspectives, including annual/long-term planning to weekly/monthly/quarterly reviews, bringing total transparency to key business leaders.
Identify input metrics impacting the P&L, monitor their trends and raise the flag in case of abnormal trends and recommend the specific action plan. You will perform root cause analysis by retrieving right data.
What are the 4 things you need this person to do?
- Builds cost-benefit analysis for new initiatives, setting and tracking KPI, finding root causes through thorough data analysis, removing roadblocks
- Develops capacity model that can optimize company-wide profitability
- In charge of Middle mile business plan (quarterly, monthly, weekly) who can lead/guild/communicate operations partners especially senior operation business leader.
- 8+ years’ experience in finance (finance department, preferably in tech/online sector; investment banks; accounting firms)
- Expertise in financial modeling and excel
- Familiar with establishing and managing KPIs
- Strong analytical thinking. Be able to start with answer, provide data, and tell the business stories.
- Strong collaboration, communication and business partnering skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth environment and dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- SQL (NoSQL)
- Finance Qualification (CPA, CFA, etc)
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- EN: https://www.coupang.jobs/en/privacy-policy/
- KR: https://www.coupang.jobs/kr/privacy-policy/
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.