Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The Principal, Global SOX Internal Controls will help establish and oversee our SOX compliance program for all relevant business processes and entities, which includes understanding the broader financial control environment, coordinating documentation, risk assessment and scoping, evaluating identified deficiencies and providing controls guidance for process and system changes. You will report to the Director, Global SOX Internal Controls.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the management of the Company’s SOX internal controls program
- Manage compliance of internal controls over Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements for financial and helping support entity level controls.
- Assist in the annual planning of our SOX compliance efforts (e.g., risk assessment, materiality and scoping)
- Monitor process and system changes that result from our growth.
- Evaluate deficiencies, and work with control owners on remediation of identified deficiencies
- Provide oversight and management of our SOX compliance efforts. This requires coordination with cross-functional partners to verify that relevant risks are identified and controls are designed.
- Support various ad-hoc projects
- Minimum 8+ years of public accounting experience or SOX experience at a US-listed public company
- An appropriate certification in accounting or auditing, such as a CPA, CA, CISA or CIA
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage several project assignments simultaneously; ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience within Technology or Platform environments
- Experience within eCommerce or Retail
- Detailed and team-oriented
- E-commerce or logistics experience
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Virtual Onsite Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.