We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Advertising FP&A Team is in charge of all financial planning and analysis for Coupang’s advertising business, which is run by the Coupang Media Group (CMG) department. Partnering closely with the CMG business teams we create annual plan, forecast updates, outlooks, reporting and top-notch financial analysis and modeling to drive both top and bottom line. We set ambitious goals and help achieve them by closely monitoring performance and making recommendations based on deep-dive analysis. The position is based in Seoul, South Korea.
What You Will Do
- Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Planning and Analysis
- Periodical Financial Reporting and Build Forecasting Modeling
-Automate Reporting by utilizing business intelligence tool (eg. tableau, PowerBI)
-Analysis in variance between actual vs budget
-Build/Set business Target/KPI, Drive Initiatives to solve business bottleneck in KPI and process improvement
- Lead financial analysis to achieve the business goals
-Provide guideline to business to achieve financial KPI
-Define Major KPI and automate/figure in exact numbers, monitoring and supporting business activities
-Solve business financial problems and KPI with business by finding root causes
-Produce reports on weekly / monthly business performance metrics and Make call outs in timely manner
- Build data visibility for stakeholders and Provide ad-hoc analysis or automated dashboard as requested and Lead data-driven decision making
*Job Title will be dependent on the candidate experience. It will be Senior analyst or Principal.
- Total 5+ years’ experience in finance (finance department, preferably in tech/online sector; investment banks; accounting firms)
- Expertise in financial modeling and excel
- Familiar with managing KPIs
- Strong analytical thinking. Be able to start from a commercial question we need to answer, understand what analysis is needed, source & prep the required data, create the analysis and then convey findings clearly and persuasively to drive the right business outcome
- Strong collaboration, communication and business partnering skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced growth environment and dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty
- SQL (NoSQL)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
- Finance Qualification (CPA, CMA, etc.)
- Fluent English, written and verbal
- Online Advertising business experience
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.