We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Platform organization is responsible for Coupang’s Technology Infrastructure and is on a mission to build and manage highly scalable, reliable, and secure infrastructure to develop and operate all Coupang products / services. The Platform organization consists of Cloud Compute Infrastructure, Storage Platform, Messaging & Streaming Platform, SRE and Developer Platform.
We are building the next-generation infrastructure to keep up with the hypergrowth of the business for the coming years. We are looking for an experienced and passionate engineer leader that can drive various infrastructure initiatives across one or more Platform layers with application integrations.
The desired candidate can dive deep in infrastructure services, design and optimize the underlying services & tools making the applications operate independently leveraging all Platform benefits without worrying about the underlying infrastructure. The desired candidate to be a role model for building high-quality infrastructure and delivering results with grit. Key to this position’s success will require the ability to understand business needs and work backwards to develop technical solutions while working effectively with leaders of individual teams and align technical directions with key stakeholders.
This position will report directly to the Head of Platform and will offer the autonomy to explore various areas and discover the next big innovations.
- Oversee and connect various Platform Infrastructure components / services and help design the next-generation infrastructure services to support the business growth
- Dive deep, design, Architect and drive the build out of Coupang's Infra solutions leveraging various technologies like Kubernetes, Service mesh, micro service architecture etc.
- Drive long-term strategy on transactional systems leveraging highly scalable Infrastructure
- Understand the current transactional systems depth and breadth to help align system changes with new Infra solutions and lead successful transition.
- Have strong execution with the ability to drive key developments and overcome technical blockers
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions, providing mechanisms for the teams to prioritize ruthlessly and “move with urgency”.
- Envision roadmaps for the scalable and robust growth of Coupang’s growing Application infrastructure.
- Ensure solid system designs with operational excellence and hands-on to develop critical infrastructure components.
- Can identify big opportunities
- Collaborate with other Coupang tech leaders to make the service extensible to unlock opportunities for innovations.
- Align with stakeholders, develop strong developers, and provide technical guidance to engineers on critical projects to resolve complex business problems.
- Demonstrate excellence resulting in scalable systems and services with the highest quality architecture and design.
- Dive deep into critical system issues, proactively addressing similar root causes, and raise the bar on Operational Excellence.
- Recruit and develop world-class talent
- One who has 10+ years professional software development experience on technology companies.
- Have a broad and deep understanding on key technologies including storage, data processing, search, and serving.
- Solid track record of delivering large and complex systems with big business impacts.
- Strong design and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications and collaborations across teams and across functionalities.
- One who has hands-on experience in designing and developing large scale distributed system in the last 5 years.
- Experience developing and growing senior individual contributors globally.
- Experience with cloud computing.
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $197,820/year in our lowest geographic market to $367,380/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org