We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce. We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day. Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Compliance organization develops minimum policies and standards, provides appropriate guidance, and helps to implement and monitor controls to identify and mitigate compliance risks across the entire Coupang organization. The team partners with business lines and shared services functions to design products, services and controls which reduce compliance vulnerabilities, and govern the process for measuring, monitoring, and reporting compliance risks. The team is growing and works on novel compliance issues across an expanding group of Coupang products and services.
- Establish internal control framework regarding the compliance screening processes, including escalation and reporting procedures and conduct periodic tuning of the screening system
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to manage the compliance screening system and provide guidance and advice regarding the escalated hits
- Act as compliance matter expert on data management, data governance, data quality, data discovery, data integrity, data cleansing, and data profiling and manage data quality across key systems
- Develop Quality Assurance policy and procedures for compliance screening and conduct QA on a periodic basis in accordance with the procedures
- Manage and develop training program for compliance screening and provide training to internal users of the screening system on a periodic basis
- 7-10 years of experience with a focus on Data Management, Quality, Governance, and/or Compliance
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA, conditional formatting)
- In-depth experience with profiling, cleansing, and standardizing data
- Due Diligence, KYC, and third partyrisk management experience
- English communication and writing skills
- Advance SQL (customized queries, automating scripts, ensuring job completion, resolving errors)and Experience with automated self-service reporting tools (g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Self-starter, ambitious and flexible
- CAMS Certification
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced organization
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( email@example.com ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.