Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Rocket on Demand (ROD) is a Coupang Fulfillment business that enables sellers to offer best-in-class delivery and post purchase experience to customers. With ROD, seller get the Jet Delivery badge and are delivered to customers via Coupang’s Rocket delivery network. ROD is the fastest growing team in Coupang and has an exciting roadmap of business operation and product in the pipeline. We are hiring driven leaders who are excited to solve tough problems and like to collaborate with brilliant individuals to innovate and create history.
What are the 4 things you need this person to do?
As a Principal Business Analyst for ROD,
- Design and execute analytic projects in collaboration with sales, product owner, engineering, finance, legal and other specialists.
- Design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
- Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Write concise documents communicating results to stakeholders and visualize data to drive decision making
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Research, Maths or Finance
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- 5+ years of experience in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Proven professional experience working with large data sets and writing complex SQL queries to pull data
- Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Proven experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- Advanced technical or business degree (MS, Masters in Information Science or MBA)
- Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations
- Knowledge of Tableau
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.