Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees, and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Customer Experience at Coupang
We are reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Our vision is to make Coupang the destination to find, explore, research, and buy any product. The Customer Experience team builds technology to create magical moments for our customers and ensures an amazing shopping experience across all platforms.
About the Role:
The Head of User Experience will be responsible for defining and delivering our UX vision for our core e-commerce business and emerging growth initiatives. This person will lead design, research, design systems, branding and content, and work closely with cross-functional leaders in the organization.
Our product portfolio is wide in scope including a variety of services and offerings that includes the entire shopping experience (from signup through check out), 3-sided food delivery platform, online fresh grocery offering, subscription membership program, and international and new business expansions. The Head of User Experience must have a founder’s mentality and be comfortable working in a hands-on and impact-driven environment to drive outsized impact.
- Define the UX vision and strategy for portfolio of products under Customer Experience;
- Build, inspire, and lead a globally distributed teams across Product Design, CX Research, Planning, Design Systems, Brand and Content;
- Work closely with a geographically distributed team, to re-imagine consumer journeys across multiple categories as we continue to scale, both domestically and abroad;
- Drive prioritization and ensure alignment amongst a variety of stakeholders including executives, business operations, data science, product and engineering teams;
- Use analytical rigor, experimentation, and data to improve our products and drive growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent professional experience;
- 12+ years experience with design and CX research;
- 5+ years experience building and managing high performing teams, including experience managing managers;
- Proven portfolio that demonstrates experience creating human-centered design solutions and an ability to turn ideas into concrete deliverables that delight customers;
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution in an agile environment with a rapid iteration cadence;
- Demonstrated ability to influence product, engineering and executive teams via design and research;
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Korean would be a plus.
Traits and Competencies
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture;
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done;
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others, including executive level reviews;
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution.
Skills and Qualifications
- Fluency in best practices for mobile-first information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques;
- Master’s degree in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.