We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e- commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Rocket Growth business enables small and medium suppliers to offer Rocket Delivery (Dawn and Next Day Delivery) to millions of Coupang customers by allowing the suppliers the use of Coupang’s Fulfillment and Delivery Network. With thousands of new suppliers signing up for Rocket Growth each quarter, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Coupang. As we get ready to scale this business multi-fold over the next few years, we are looking for a few smart, and driven leaders, who would like to solve tough problems, and make a meaningful impact to the lives of customers and suppliers in one of the biggest e-Commerce markets in the world.
What you will do:
- Work backwards from the needs of the customers and suppliers to create the vision for the in-stock and inventory function and build a responsive and forward-looking organization to support this vision.
- Collaborate with the sales team, and Supply Chain organization to ensure that customer in-stock and supplier needs are surpassed
- Drive business growth by ensuring that customer desired items are always in-stock and sufficiently stocked up
- Share demand forecast with suppliers at the right cadence to optimize metrics such as lead-time, and fill-rate
- Build the measurement framework to determine the out-of-stock impact and prioritize corrective actions
- Manage demand forecasting and ordering processes to optimize instock and inventory levels.
- Design and manage feedback loops from Operations, Business and Suppliers to key technology teams.
- Establish procedures to translate expected business outcomes into system settings.
- Guide the development of processes and controls to monitor behavior of Forecasting, Inbound, and Inventory Management systems and continuously improve existing capabilities.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in the areas of Demand Forecasting, Ordering, Procurement, Inventory Management and Supply Chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain-related fields (Operations Research, Engineering, Business). Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build, execute, and scale in-stock/supply chain organizations.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail, and ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to hire and develop a high performing team.
- Strong affinity to using data to determine the future course of action
- Experience collaborating with Sales, Technology and Operations stakeholders; in e-Commerce and Retail industry preferred.
Recruitment Process and Others:
Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
nterview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider:
This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below. https://www.coupang.jobs/kr/privacy-policy • Document Return Policy
This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang(the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (the email address of the Company’s point of contact provided to the job applicant’s email address, which is indicated in the application reply email) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.