We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Financial Accounting Supervisor, will be a key member of the US Finance organization at Coupang.
What you will do
- Manage related accounting transactions
- Work closely with Accounts Payable Manager for accurate and timely processing of EFT and vendor transactions
- Maintain weekly (cash plan) budget
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close process
- Prepare and submit accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial information
- Fixed asset accounting
- Validate data between Warehouse ERP and Accounting ERP, reconcile, and communicate with other departments regarding the accounting impact
- Prepare 1099s
- Be able to solve, diagnose, or correct complex operational and accounting challenges
- · Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Be able to accept other ad hoc duties as needed
- Develop, implement, and document more efficient procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
- 3-5 years of related work and management experience in finance and accounting, experience in e-commerce is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing, start-up, or similar company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Intermediate experience with ERP solutions, ideally having experience with Netsuite
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-look ups, etc.
- Personal characteristics that will align with this position include: Creative, intelligent, energetic, decisive, possessing drive and initiative, maturity, flexibility, patience, persistence, excellent communication skills with abilities to work closely with staff and other departmental managers, and have unquestioned values of honesty and integrity
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $83,160/year in our lowest geographic market to $154,440/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.