We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly to a multi-billion ads business quickly in a few years and we continue to grow fast. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products on our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, both Alibaba and Amazon make more money on advertising than on selling products.
To help shoppers find their ideal product is a complex and challenging problem. Machine learning is the core enabling technology for us to achieve this. The global supply optimization team is responsible for building ML models and algorithms that empower rich shopping experience and also globally rank/optimize between organic products and sponsored products (ads) for maximizing the economic value for each pixel of user impressions. This domain is a strategic growth area for our ads business.
What You Will Do
- Drive the roadmap for our supply optimization efforts.
- Mentor a growing team of ML engineers to build advanced ML models and optimization algorithms.
- Work closely and collaborate with other machine learning teams, and infrastructure teams inside/outside CMG.
- Recruit and engage talents to build an exceptional, diverse and inclusive team.
- 10+ years of industry experience in machine learning, information retrieval, optimization algorithm and /or related technology
- Deep knowledge in machine learning, deep learning, information retrievals, optimization algorithms.
- Great communication and leadership skills, organized, able to multitask.
- Proven skills in designing and delivering both production-level software and ML models.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to mentor and growth team members.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or equivalent
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $159,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $324,,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .