We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Director, Product Security Architecture is ultimately responsible for providing oversight and day to day leadership for all product and application security. They will define and deliver a holistic product security architecture across all Coupang services, and ensure security is embedded in all stages of the software development lifecycle, from design through Testing, QA and post-deployment.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide inspirational leadership to the Product Security organization.
- Develop and lead a robust Security Architecture team, identifying – appropriate security standards, frameworks and implementations.
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle – Code Scanning, SAST/DAST, Pre-deployment scanning.
- Create a win-win relationship with robust policies, procedures, governance and process in place to ensure Coupang receives the best possible service.
- Define and deliver a pragmatic strategy for the function focused on the current and future state of the organization, ensuring scalability.
- Define and deliver a world class set of processes, policies and procedures to manage the secure SDLC quickly, efficiently and effectively.
- Bring a greater level of innovation and strategic thinking to Security.
- Manage senior level business relationships with regard to security technology, engineering and operations.
- Define the organization structure for the function and build a world class team beneath you.
- Leverage direct, matrixed and external resources to deliver successfully.
Background & Experience
- Experience having led a Security Architecture, Product Security or Security Engineering organization.
- A deep level of technical understanding and experience in the security space.
- Proven track record of innovation in the security space.
- Ability to build and lead a world class team in the security space.
- International experience, ideally across Asia Pacific including Korea.
- Bachelor/Masters/PhDs in Computer Science or Engineering, Engineering Management and/or Information Systems or a related field.
Behavior & Cultural Fit
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company.
- Strong commercial mind-set.
- A pragmatic mind-set and approach.
- Inspirational leadership.
- Strong influencing and network capability.
- Deals well with ambiguity.
- Comfortable getting into the detail.
- Acts with pace and urgency.
- Sees the bigger picture.
- Keen customer focus.
- Adaptable and flexible.
Recruitment Process & Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy (This notice MUST be included in a job posting in Korea only to comply with the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.