We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
This role would be part of Retail Supply & Supplier Integration (RSSI) product team in Coupang. RSSI product team is responsible for building Retail supply & integration products, deep data science capabilities, analytical frameworks and owning processes end to end to provide world class solutions to our customers. Solutions provide best in class customer experience in term of products availability (measured as Instock) on platform and at the same time solving it at right cost to business (measured as Scrap and/or Inventory turn). This role will involve building products in area of Inventory Optimization, Forecasting, fully integrated supplier integration stack.
What You Will Do
- Defining product vision, roadmap for SCM product related to Inventory planning, Vendor Supply design stack (related but not limited areas - Forecasting, Replenishment, Capacity orchestration, Selection management., Inventory optimization in multi-echelon supply network, Policy Engine)
- Building products for Core & Fresh (grocery, low shelf life SKUs) and building features for evolving use cases for a very large scale and very fast-growing supply chain
- Establishing product features prioritization approach and ruthlessly prioritizing multiple projects l Defining product success metrics, building hypothesis, designing & conducting POC before building features for scale
- Benchmark current products & SCM processes with best in class externally and bring step function change
- Defining programs involving product features across functions, collaborating and owning end to end launch
- Improve Data quality / visibility / transparency
- Collaborating with other product owners across functions to deliver seamless experience to end customers
- Product management experience, especially highly analytical driven products building from scratch
- Ability to communicate and partner effectively across teams to launch complex initiatives
- Very good SCM domain understanding
- Ability to prioritize ruthlessly and manage multiple projects running in parallel
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 8-12 years of experience in Product management / Program management in SCM domain, launching high impact features / programs in Inventory / Supply / Demand management areas
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical thinker and excellent skills in Excel / SQL
- Experience in e-commerce, startup companies, retail/FMCG companies
- Master’s degree in supply chain management or MBA – Master’s in business administration or equivalent
- Experience in Supply chain / Planning (demand / inventory) domains l Exposure to R / Python
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.