We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About a team
Coupang Partners is an ecosystem that allows online publishers & content creators to seamlessly monetize their traffic by recommending the right products to their audiences. Launched in 2018, it is used by thousands of publishers, influencers and bloggers. From simple links to sophisticated widgets and SDK integrations, and detailed real-time reports the platform caters to a wide variety of publishers and content creators. Built & maintained by an in-house team of Product Managers, Data Analysts and Engineers. Coupang Partners platform today prides itself as one of the largest traffic and revenue drivers for the business.
As part of our ever expanding list of partners and publishers we are looking for an experienced “Strategic Partner Manager” from the ad tech industry who understands monetization and is able to guide our best publishers on how to maximize their revenue using the platform. This will include but not be limited to playing a consultative role in advising our partners on how to allocate the right placements, key account management, tracking inventory and revenue from different placements, strategize and create operating plans to meet business goals. The right person will have excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills, and negotiation skills and should be comfortable with communicating complex ideas in simple and clear terms to business partners. The role requires an unrelenting drive to innovate and co-innovate with premier web/mobile application developers and publishers.
What you will do
- Understands the South Korean publisher market landscape and Revenue mix of South Korean Publishers
- Define and execute strategy with Decision Makers one-to-one for Strategic expansion of Top Partners, driving full suite of Coupang Partners’ solutions
- Own Quarterly roadmap planning and forecasting of Revenue and Traffic goals
- Build a high-performance partner management team to achieve and exceed quarterly targets
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a variety of internal teams, including Business Development, Product Management, Engineering and Analytics teams
- Based on Key Account’ feedback, be an influencer in product roadmap and support the development of Coupang Partners’ value proposition in the market
- 15+ years of sales or account management in supply side business with experience working with publishers
- Expertise in scaling partnerships with large publishers
- Analytical, detail oriented and possesses a strong business sense
- Intermediate/expert level with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ad-tech knowledge & familiarity with web/mobile publisher business models, mobile gaming ecosystem, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, Programmatic, PMP and online ad technologies focused on driving publisher value
- Experience in value-selling advertising technology to publishers
- (Preferred) Comes with an established network of publisher relationships in South Korea
- Strong understanding of the web/mobile ecosystem and experience working with developers
- MBA preferred
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below. https://www.coupang.jobs/kr/privacy-policy
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.