About The Team
Coupang Partners is an ecosystem that allows online publishers & content creators to seamlessly monetize their traffic by recommending the right products to their audiences. Launched in 2018, it is used by thousands of publishers, influencers and bloggers. From simple links to sophisticated widgets and SDK integrations, and detailed real-time reports the platform caters to a wide variety of publishers and content creators. Built & maintained by an in-house team of Product Managers, Data Analysts and Engineers. Coupang Partners platform today prides itself as one of the largest traffic and revenue drivers for the business.
About The Role
As part of our ever expanding list of partners and publishers we are looking for an experienced “Strategic Partner Manager” from the ad tech industry who understands monetization and is able to guide our best publishers on how to maximize their revenue using the platform. This will include but not be limited to playing a consultative role in advising our partners on how to allocate the right placements, key account management, tracking inventory and revenue from different placements, strategize and create operating plans to meet business goals. The right person will have excellent verbal and written communication, presentation skills, and negotiation skills and should be comfortable with communicating complex ideas in simple and clear terms to business partners. The role requires an unrelenting drive to innovate and co-innovate with premier web/mobile application developers and publishers.
What are the few things this person is required to do?
- Understands the South Korean publisher market landscape and Revenue mix of South Korean Publishers
- Define and execute strategy with Decision Makers one-to-one for Strategic expansion of Top Partners, driving full suite of Coupang Partners’ solutions
- Own Quarterly roadmap planning and forecasting of Revenue and Traffic goals
- Build a high-performance partner management team to achieve and exceed quarterly targets
- Collaborate cross-functionally with a variety of internal teams, including Business Development, Product Management, Engineering and Analytics teams
- Based on Key Account’ feedback, be an influencer in product roadmap and support the development of Coupang Partners’ value proposition in the market
- 15+ years of sales or account management in supply side business with experience working with publishers
- Expertise in scaling partnerships with large publishers
- Analytical, detail oriented and possesses a strong business sense
- Intermediate/expert level with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ad-tech knowledge & familiarity with web/mobile publisher business models, mobile gaming ecosystem, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, Programmatic, PMP and online ad technologies focused on driving publisher value
- Experience in value-selling advertising technology to publishers
- (Preferred) Comes with an established network of publisher relationships in South Korea
- Strong understanding of the web/mobile ecosystem and experience working with developers
- MBA preferred