Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
- Support the development and execution of the company’s internal control program while ensuring compliance with regulatory rules and deadlines.
- Support the Head of Controls in requests from the company’s external auditors, internal auditors and process owners on all matters related to internal controls compliance, including evaluation and resolution of identified control deficiencies.
- Conduct risk assessments of key accounts, financial reporting processes and information systems, and coordinate the scope of the internal controls monitoring process, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Coordinate with leadership on the design, implementation and evaluation of general and automated system controls and configurations.
- Evaluate the design of internal control activities, maintain and update key controls, ensure controls documentation reflects a high level of quality.
What you will do:
- Monitor changing business environment for items that may impact the company.
- Serve as a technical resource on all internal controls matters, including development, refinement and documentation of internal controls.
- Collaborate with process owners and others to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement.
- Drive process improvement by directly supporting the Head of Controls and other Accounting Leadership.
- Effective project management skills in collaborating with others in completing tasks
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong reading, writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Possess appropriate skills and working knowledge of the key internal control concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university
- Professional credentials on-hand or in-progress, such as CIA, CPA, and CFE
- Fluent in Korean language (speak, read, write)
- Public accounting experience (Big 4) is a plus (U.S. or Korean) publicly listed company audit experience
- Experience in SOX internal controls program management and/or SOX consulting/auditing a plus
- Experience in Financial Reporting, Consolidations or the closing of the general ledger for a US listed public registrant
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.