Director, Global Mobility
We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
As an integral part of Coupang’s Global Mobility & Global Business Travel leadership team, the Director, Global Mobility (GM) will lead day-to-day operations and support key projects within the growing GM program. This hands-on role will focus on driving operational excellence and process improvements leveraging technology to efficiently scale our in-house program in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The GM Director should also be passionate about delivering exceptional employee experiences—both for our expat community, and for our key stakeholders and internal teams. The ideal candidate has a positive, can-do attitude and is experienced driving effective change, drawing from previous GM operational experiences and thinking outside their comfort zone to deliver new, innovative programs and processes which align with Coupang’s culture and expectations.
What you will do:
- Dive deep on all aspects of the current GM operations to identify and action opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements, particularly in optimizing technology and automation.
- Lead GM vendor management: evaluating and raising the bar with our current relationships and potentially procuring additional or new best-in-class external partners who deliver against robust SLAs.
- Supervise and enhance GM data and expense management, including invoice processing, internal team auditing, data analytics and reporting, and success metrics with a focus on assessing the program to mitigate any compliance, operational, employee well-being, and financial risks.
- Collaborate with Recruiting, HR Operations, HRBPs, Payroll, Accounting, Legal, Compliance and other key stakeholders to design and/or enhance processes and partnerships between our teams.
- Develop and deliver ongoing training and resources to employees and stakeholders keeping all well informed of the policy, processes, and any changes.
- Proactively stay informed of industry, HR technology, and relevant legislative developments, notable trends, and benchmarks.
- Embody Coupang Leadership Principles, including Wow the Customer, Think Systematically, Deliver Results with Grit, Dive Deep, Move with Urgency, and Company-Wide Perspective.
- Collaborate on Global Business Travel and other HR team initiatives and projects as assigned.
- 10+ years of Global Mobility experience with increasing levels of responsibility and/or complexity, ideally at an innovative multinational company with GM volume in Asia, including Korea.
- Deep understanding of full scope Global Mobility management, processes, and interdependencies of an in-house team.
- Hands-on leader with a successful track record of improving operational effectiveness without compromising employee experience.
- Analytical with strong ability to dive deep and stay connected to details while retaining a company-wide perspective.
- Strong written and verbal communication (English fluency required) and influencing skills, combined with the ability to create, drive, and get results from collective agendas.
- High level of emotional intelligence, sound judgment, integrity, discretion, and cross-cultural conscientiousness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience using HCM software (Workday preferred), and confident in their ability to quickly learn, navigate and leverage other technologies.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.