Title : Director, Head of Engineering Productivity (FTS, Fulfillment and Transportation System)
Location : Seoul, Korea
We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
- Integrated management of the overall process of Coupang's delivery/logistics system by leading the Engineering Productivity organization within FTS (Fulfillment and Transportation System)
- Engineering Productivity drives efficient execution of technical programs by leading FTS’ Technical Program Management (TPM), Quality Assurance (QA), and Technical Support Engineering (TSE) functions
- Enable engineering teams to: (1) provide fast and accurate service to customers by introducing the latest delivery/logistics processes and building work automation; (2) provide specialized services from the user's point of view and apply various new technologies to build new processes; and (3) optimize package delivery times and costs by building complex software solutions that work across suppliers, distribution centers and deliveries
- Enable efficient and timely execution of engineering programs and projects by leading a team of Technical Program Managers (TPMs)
- Ensure quality of engineering work by building and leading a robust and comprehensive Quality Assurance (QA) program with a full team of QA engineers
- Provide timely support to customers by building and leading a robust and comprehensive Technical Support program with a full team of support engineers
- Drive the vision for future programs that improve the overall productivity of FTS engineering
- Review the introduction of new processes for development and execution
- Manage all engineering improvement programs for FTS
- 8+ years of experience in Technical Program Management or Technical Leadership
- Experience in leading multi-functional engineering teams, including line level managers
- Experience improving and setting standards for processes and workflows for software development
- Fluency in English
- Previous hands-on experience as a software engineer
- Previous hands-on experience as a Technical Program Manager
- Hands-on experience as a seasoned technical leader
- Understanding of QA processes and their integration into the overall software development workflow
- Understanding of Technical Support processes and their integration into the software development workflow
- Experience leading a multi-functional technical organization consisting of 20+ members
- Experience managing non-technical stakeholders
- Fluency in Korean or Chinese
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy (This notice MUST be included in a job posting in Korea only to comply with the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.