We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
This role would be part of the Retail Organization and represent Customers to ensure we build a bar-raising Customer experience. This role will involve working with multiple stakeholders and driving impactful projects to improve customer experience. It will be a combination of Strategic initiatives to develop new business strategies, Solve existing customer problems and eliminate defects within the processes. As a CE Excellence Leader, you will be pivotal in Coupang’s Retail (Rocket delivery) business. With a sound judgement in the Retail industry, you will analyze complex problems and phenomena to identify root causes and solutions and serve as a great leader, exceptional communicator, and negotiator (internal and External). In the critical areas of Retail business, you will focus on building solutions around key pillars of Selection, Pricing and Convenience to build a world-class customer experience. Our mission is to create a world where people ask, “how did we ever live without Coupang?”.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background and demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are hands-on and able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
What you will do:
- Plan projects with high impact within Retail that are not limited to a specific category.
- As a leader, provide a strategic vision for the business and build and develop strategic relationships with internal/external key partners based on a thorough understanding of their interests.
- With leadership rooted in outstanding judgement, break down complex problems into simpler components and analyze them to conduct seamless and successful cooperation with high-level stakeholders of internal;/external teams/companies.
- Show keen interest and excellent capabilities in terms of leadership, business analysis and decision-making, negotiation, and operation. Set up standards for the metrics required for business operations to deliver a world-class shopping experience. Provide and implement guidelines necessary for the overall business process ranging from sales, marketing, inventory, and P&L management.
- Achieve improvements systematically and utilize new opportunities without hesitation to drive business growth and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Management, Marketing and Information Services or related quantitative fields
- Minimum 7+ years of product or program management and 15 Years of experience.
- Strong understanding of the retail system, including Customer buying journey and behaviour
- Good understanding of P&L and Supply chain concepts
- Ability to influence the organization with strong and verifiable analytical skills
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate and work across the organization
- Experience with the building process, tools and systems
- Exposure to various methods of project management
- Experience in taking on challenges and acting decisively to innovate existing practices in order to maximize customer satisfaction, which is our top priority
- Interest in technologies and experience in driving an initiative to simplify tasks and bring about changes through systematization
- Strong communication skills/experiences that help prepare persuasive and clear documents and provide ideas in a passionate and convincing manner
- Experience in conducting an excellent negotiation with a high-level representative of a domestic/global company
- Ability to act rapidly and courageously without fear of failure
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below. https://www.coupang.jobs/kr/privacy-policy
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.