We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
About the Team
Order Platform at Coupang builds Core Order systems that is crucially important systems to serve all Coupang customers’ order transactions with 99.99% systems availability. On top of the order platform, major business features in Coupang retail business such as Pre-order, Designated date delivery and etc is running, which is expected to be added more. This team focus on bringing Order system to the next level with a much more simplified and scalable design to support Coupang order in multi different markets where Coupang will exist down the road.
Roles and Mission
In this roles, you will be leading regional diverse teams and building Coupang’s next-generation Order systems that serving Coupang product commerce in multi global markets with highly available and scalable Order system architectures. You will be working closely with leaders across orgs; Coupang Cart/Checkout, Coupang Fintech (Payment), Product Managers, UX/UI designers who is building jaw drop customer shopping experience by leveraging Order system.
· Provide leadership and technical direction to Order Engineering and ensure that our engineers are working on building scalable and fault-tolerant systems
· Hire the best leaders and experienced individual contributors to continue to build a diverse and balanced team
· Engage with senior leadership and product owner(s) in developing and executing technical strategy and product roadmap ensuring scalability and simplicity
· Prioritize and plan the projects and features sponsored by senior leadership, stakeholders and strategically important tech initiatives
· Refine and set the vision for the overall architecture plan and application of best practice architecture, design patterns and ongoing simplification of the system landscape
· Foster a culture that continuously innovates through frequent product iterations (Agile/Scrum) and help the team develop their Agile practices further
· Develop, mentor, and coach managers and engineers on career development and professional growth
· Own definition, measurement, and reporting of operational metrics
· Establish and run the operational support for your team’s software
· Communicate clearly and concisely with the team members, peers and leadership team
· Bachelor/Master/PhD in Computer Science or Engineering, or related field
· 10+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibility leading engineering teams
· 5+ years of experience in software development in Object-Oriented development environment
· Demonstrated experience in creating a vision, influencing cross-functionally and driving a technology organization to meet ambitious goals
· Experience of large distributed system
· Strong deliverying software products competency in an environment that rapidly changing requirements with appropriate trade-off
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working closely with global distributed teams
· 7+ years of experience in managing software development with hands-on architectural experience in delivering innovative products in the relevant space
· Experience working in Fintech, Order or similar domains
· Experience working with geographically dispersed global teams
· English Proficiency in writing and speaking
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - 1st Interview - 2nd Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.