Director, Coupang Global Services: Accounting (CGSA)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The Coupang Global Services: Accounting (CGSA) organization is responsible for delivering top quality services that enable Coupang to continue its incredible growth journey at scale. CGSA supports a variety of business units (e.g., Procurement, Finance, Controllership, HR) across Coupang and operates in multiple global locations. The Director of CGS Accounting will work closely with the Head of CGSA, internal stakeholders, and requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. This position will be developing and maintaining operating accounting policies, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial processes and controls are always in place. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, processing of accounts receivables, payroll, payables, fixed assets and other accounting areas while driving CGSA operating metrics.
What You Will Do:
- Developing and maintaining operating accounting policies and procedures whilst managing an engaged, diverse and global team that spans geographies and time zones
- Coordinating accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing processes while supporting requests from internal and external auditors
- Managing accurate and timely processing of receivables, payables, payroll, general accounting including entity financial statements, fixed assets and sales/use tax reporting
- Reviewing monthly financial statements, reconciliations, flux and other required reports for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Coupang Accounting and Reporting policy
- Accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports while maintaining systems and controls; verifies the integrity of all automated systems, processes, and data
- Supporting master data management leadership for customer and vendor data by collaborating with IT, Accounting, FP&A and sales to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, and accountability of the enterprise’s official shared master data assets
- Supporting transformation and transition initiatives, including roadmaps with milestones, governance and controls, change management, business continuity and disaster recovery, etc.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required of at least 10+ years of combined Accounting, Shared Services, or Global Business Services experience
- Strong accounting acumen and experience building financial reviews and controls
- Technical and industry acumen to understand leading practices, anticipating future needs, and delivering insights
- Experience taking complex ideas and simplifying them into clear solutions that drive business outcomes
- Ability to travel
- Leverage strengths of the current accounting team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong management presence
- Comfort in dealing with ambiguity and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in driving a “quality first” mindset, high attention to detail, analyze information and make connections that aren’t obvious
- Accountability in the face of both successes and failures
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.