Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coumall engineering takes the ownership for the next generation of Coupang shop experiences from end-to-end.
As staff engineer, you will be working as a key role to drive stories and tasks to move Coupang shop user experience to the next level. You will work as architect to design the core systems, implement the core functions of business story to move the business metrics.
You will be also working as technique leader to figure out the system and data flow, lead the team and collaborate with stakeholders to build company-wide key features. You will work as a member of a full-stack engineer team from Shanghai, Seattle, Seoul and target to build an end-to-end solution includes frontend, backend, data, machine-learning technique stacks.
- Provide solid leadership and make clear technical direction to build high-scalable systems
- Prioritize and work with managers to make detail plan for the projects and tasks, target to launch the key feature with fast iterations.
- Identify the key problems and bottleneck and provide strong ability of problem-solving to
move the business metrics.
- Work as a tech-leader to collaborate with partner team to resolve any blocks to launch company-wide impact features from end-to-end.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibility leading engineering teams
- 6+ years of experience in software development in large distributed systems with solid coding experience using Java
- Experience with various types of SQL/NO-SQL database like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with reactive programming and library like webflux, RxJava
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, gRPC
- Demonstrate strong leadership to drive big business stories from end-to-end with cross-team collaboration.
- Strong sense of move-fast, ownership and data-driven
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Has architectural experience in search/recommendation or ads systems.
- Experience in big-data tech stacks like spark, flink, Kafka.
- Has basic knowledge in machine-learning, deep-learning and related skills.