Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection, and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
We have been named as one of the ‘50 Smartest Companies in the World’ by MIT Technology Review, and as one of Forbes magazine’s ‘30 Global Game Changers.’ In 2020, we placed second on CNBC’s ‘Disruptor 50’ list.
FTS Transportation team aims to design, develop and maintain systems, tools and applications to empower our physical logistic capabilities, support the fast-growing customer packages with high efficiency and low cost. We are developing stable and trackable transportation and delivery services to WOW our customer, providing operation and management tools for our truck management, Hub and Camp operations, last mile delivery drivers to simplify their daily work, and optimizing route planning and package consolidation to save the cost.
The desired candidate will help FTS build systems that drive the overall process and workflow of Coupang's transportation systems. This work will not only include designing and building world-class systems, but also drive adoption of advanced technologies in automation and process optimization.
This position will offer the autonomy to explore various technical areas in order to discover big innovations.
- Lead and drive architecture design of Transportation systems, for scale, future extensibility, and reliability, the systems include (but not limited) on label technology, line-haul, route planning, sortation and last mile delivery technologies.
- Envision and drive alignment with stakeholders of the appropriate roadmap and future direction of technology for Transportation
- Navigate and alleviate technical obstacles and blockers at the organizational level
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions, providing mechanisms for the teams to prioritize ruthlessly and “move with urgency.”
- Write code when necessary to lead by example and help with high priority projects
- Proactively identify opportunities in both business and technology
- Review, advise, and carry out the adoption of new technology (both open-source and commercial) that are useful in achieving business objectives
- Recruit and develop world-class engineering talent
- 5+ years of experience in software development at technology companies
- Solid track record of delivering large and complex systems with significant business impact
- Experience of designing and developing large-scale distributed systems and architectures
- 5+ years of experience in developing and operating backend services and web applications
- Broad and deep understanding of key technologies in storage, data processing, and serving
- 1+ years of experience in supply chain industry especially on transportation domain, strong familiarity of how the operation of transportation is a big plus.
- Excellent communications and collaborations across teams and across functionalities
- Capable of object-oriented design and development
- Strong familiarity developing with Java and the Spring Framework
- Service development and operational experience in an AWS environment
- Experience driving improvements in code quality
- Experience using ORM such as JPA, Hibernate, and domain modeling
- Experience with logistics-related service development
- Experience in automating build/test/deploy
- Experience with bulk data processing using NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Git system for version control
- Experience with relational and column-oriented databases
- Agile experience