Sr. Staff Engineer, Back-end Engineer (Core Serving)
We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Core Serving team is responsible for creating platforms that serve the Coupang's user requests from all product experience pages including Home, Search, Category, Detail Page, Cart, Checkout and Order. As the platform team responsible for serving billions of requests from users, our mission is to build a highly scalable and extensible platform that is also highly available and robust.
As a lead engineer in the Core Serving org, you will help grow a team of talented engineers. You will acquire deep understanding of all aspects of the tech stack to enable eCommerce Engineering wide improvements of products and processes. You will have an influence across the organization and lead by example in Engineering and Operational Excellence. Working closely with a group of engineers in multiple geographic locations, you’ll solve challenging problems at scale. Your work will directly have an impact on tens of millions of customers every single day!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 10+ years of designing, building and operating large-scale, complex production systems
- Experience setting the engineering culture and ensuring technical excellence across teams in an organization
- Deep understanding of Operational Excellence and what it takes to operate highly available systems
- Extensive experience in APIs and systems design
- A desire to grow those around you both technically and professionally
- Ability to challenge the existing norms to improve overall systems and processes
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team