Senior, UI Visual Designer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
The UI Visual Designer will lead and oversee the visual design of the Coupang Play app on phones, TV and web. They will work hand and hand with Product Designers, Design System Designer and Product Owners to understand the goals of each project and needs of the customers. From this they will create a clean aesthetic that helps draw users to our app, focus their attention while giving the UI a more premium look and feel that’s based on our Brand.
What You Will Do
- Build visual identity and design language on all user touchpoints
- Collaborating with PO, UX, Brand and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Create mockups of UI flows and animated prototypes that showcase user interaction
- Ability to bring simplicity to complex data sets and quickly iterate on them
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Maintain and optimize UI assets in collaboration with Design Systems as necessary
- 5+ years of experience as a UI or visual design role within consumer facing apps
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Strong attention to detail, a keen eye for aesthetics and understanding of design trends
- Demonstrable UI design skills and with a strong portfolio focused on usability, layout, typography and iconography
- Highly proficient in Figma or the equivalent product design softwares
- Excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate ideas, designs, and suggestions
- Understanding of designing user touchpoints for one or more of mobile/tablet/web/tv
- Proficient in After effects, Illustrator or the equivalent product design softwares
- Experience building and maintaining UI libraries