Senior, Product Manager - Growth (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
The Growth team plays a critical role in the acquisition, activation, and retention of millions of Customers for Coupang Play. We are looking for a talented Senior Product Manager - Growth with an analytical mindset, a strong bias for urgency and action, and a proven track-record of success to lead our Growth team. You will be responsible for driving growth and engagement OKRs for Coupang Play.
What You Will Do
- Define and own the vision, strategy, goals and roadmap for driving Growth at Coupang Play
- Develop a deep understanding of our Customers and dive deep into analytics to identify the biggest opportunities to solve Customer needs and maximize acquisition, activation and retention
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including creating detailed product & business requirements to guide design/technical direction, driving cross-functional execution, making high-impact product decisions along the way, and sharing actionable insights and learnings across the org
- Collaborate with marketing, content and other product teams on go-to-market strategies and execution of major product- and content-related initiatives
- Drive alignment with stakeholders including executives, business leaders, product, operations and infrastructure teams
- 5+ years of product management or related industry experience in growth product, preferably at a fast-paced consumer tech startup
- Strong analytical thinker adept at data-driven decision-making through analyzing complex, large-scale data sets and conducting growth experiments, A/B and multivariate tests, and funnel analyses with a proven track record of driving measurable business impact
- Experience working in a technical environment with a broad, cross-functional team to drive product vision, define product requirements, manage & coordinate resources, and lead the team through key milestones
- Deep customer empathy and product craft, with a strong attention to detail
- Bias for action with a sense of urgency and high agency – willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and ability to think strategically and stay on top of tactical execution
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with fluency in English and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate strategies, decisions, and trade-offs to executive leadership
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Applied Sciences, or a related field
- OTT service experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing mobile products
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Experience with distributed systems, big data, and machine learning
- Experience with NLP, information retrieval, and computer vision
- Startup experience
- Fluent communication skill in Korean and English