Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, Tokyo and Taipei.
Coupang Rocket Growth
Coupang Rocket Growth is a Coupang Fulfillment business that enables sellers to offer best-in-class delivery and post purchase experience to their customers. With the Rocket Growth business, sellers’ products are delivered to customers via our world-class Rocket delivery network. Rocket Growth is the fastest growing team in Coupang and has an exciting roadmap of product and features in the pipeline.
Our mission is to provide Coupang sellers the utmost convenience of selling and offer Coupang customers the best available selection and the lowest possible price.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment along with a team of smart and passionate global engineers to design and implement various systems to meet the needs of the Rocket Growth business. You will also have direct ownership of new features for improving the Marketplace's scalability, reliability, availability, extensibility and performance. We care about both delighting customers and building high-quality software and we are looking for seniors with proven track record of designing and building large scale distributed systems.
· Building, owning, and maintenance of large-scale distributed systems
· Establishing and executing short and long-term design and architectural roadmaps for the business
· Continuing to innovate on the platform to support Rocket Growth programs
· Driving continual improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability.
· Providing technical direction to junior engineers in the team
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong problem-solving ability
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· 4+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
· 4+ years of professional coding experience using modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, C++, etc.
· Experience working in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Pay & Benefits:
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $108,000/year in our lowest geographic market to $232,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation:
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.