We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
The Search and Discovery Product Team is responsible for creating an amazing search and discovery shopping experience for our customers, from “intent” based shopping to delighting the customer with serendipitous product discovery on every visit. Our team leverages data from machine learning, data mining, A/B testing, customer feedback, and usability studies to test and validate new product features on a daily basis.
We are obsessed with optimizing the entire search customer journey, from query understanding and search relevance to personalized and category/mission aware search and recommendation experiences. We believe the experience for finding the right fresh groceries delivered to your door the next morning, should be personal and different from shopping for a new laptop or your next pair of jeans. Search and Recommendations drive over 70% of product discovery for our millions of daily customers, so the scale and impact of our work is massive!
What You Will Do
The Search Product Leader will lead a geographically distributed team of Product Managers, Designers, and Analysts to re-imagine the search and discovery journeys across multiple categories as we continue to scale, both domestically and abroad.
- Define the vision, strategy, and roadmap to re-imagine our search and discovery experience for customers while directing day-to-day execution towards that vision.
- Hire and develop a high performing team of Product Managers, Designers, and Analysts responsible for the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved mechanisms for visibility on performance and greater optimization of the Search and Discovery product portfolio.
- Collaborate and drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including senior executives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in product management, including developing, delivering, and executing on a strong product vision.
- Experience working on Search and Discovery customer experiences.
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture.
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others, including executive level reviews.
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution.
- e-Commerce experience
- Experience in launching and scaling consumer facing products
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
Pay & Benefits
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. At Coupang, your base pay is one part of your total compensation.
The base pay for this position ranges from $197,820/year in our lowest geographic market to $367,380/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
General Description of All Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- 18-21 days of the Paid Time Off (PTO) a year based on the tenure
- 12 Public Holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- MTV - [Free] Electric Car Charging Station
General Description of Other Compensation
“Other Compensation” includes, but is not limited to, bonuses, equity, or other forms of compensation that would be offered to the hired applicant in addition to their established salary range or wage scale.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .