We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Job Overview - Director, Software Engineering (Pricing Platform)
The Pricing team is one of the core pillars of Coupang’s business and is responsible for helping determine the price of every product sold on Coupang. As the Pricing team is responsible for serving hundreds of millions of requests every day our mission is to build and maintain highly scalable and extensible platforms that is also highly availability and robust.
As a leader in the Pricing Engineering organization, you will directly lead and help set the vision of our next generation pricing determination platforms. You will lead your team to bring industry best practices in software development and operations while improving their skills to build pioneering e-commerce experience in new global markets. Working closely with your direct reports, developers and managers across multiple geographic locations, you’ll guide them to solve challenging problems at scale with high reliability. Your efforts will directly have an impact on tens of millions of users every single day!
- Establish a roadmap for the next 5 years for the pricing platform.
- Lead a team to iterate on and deliver an extensible and scalable backend platform to support our growing data volumes and customer requirements.
- Evolve all those you lead and work with into best of class talent via Engineering and Operational Excellence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- At least 9+ years of experience working on software design and development.
- At least 4+ years leading teams, including other managers, to deliver mission critical system.
- Strategic thinker who is a bar raiser for Engineering and Operational Excellence.
- A natural communicator who can insire and align stateholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional deep dive skills.
- Large system architecture design and development experience.
- Experience with cloud computing with AWS.
- A desire to grow those around you both technically and professionally.
- Ability to challenge, professionally and respectfully, the existing norms to improve overall systems and processes.
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Coupang is also committed to providing a safe work environment for its employees and its consumers. As a condition of employment, Coupang requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, subject to legally required accommodations. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.