Director, Partner Logistics
We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-trillion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce. We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day. Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always- on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Coupang Logistics & Operations Excellence team is looking for a Director, Partner Logistics to improve the profitability and business processes in the transportation department; in this role you will be responsible for the procurement, contracting, operational management, and SLA performance of linehaul carriers supporting truck-level transportation service throughout the Coupang operational network. Other responsibilities include strategic partner management, supplier relationships, procurement and legal coordination, cross-functional stakeholder alignment, fulfillment and retail support, customer relationships, P&L forecasting, and leadership development of assigned managers.
This role requires a high-level of ownership over the end-to-end process, the ability to think outside of the box, the ability to design sustainable solutions and influence stakeholders. Cross-team coordination, partners management and executive presentation skills are essential. This role is in Seoul, Korea.
- Build and maintain relationships with 3PL partners to ensure smooth delivery operations and resolve any issues that arise.
- Revise contract terms and makes decisions on updating the terms by working with Procurement and Legal.
- Find potential transportation partners; establish transportation plans taking network expansion into account.
- Oversee the overall linehaul operation plan and manages the supply/demand of linehaul trucks in Coupang logistics network.
- Analyze the impact of planning changes in FC/Hub/Camp Opening & Closing and plan linehaul operations accordingly.
- Plan step-by-step execution of action items designed for higher cost efficiency across the network and oversees projects.
- Provide directions for FC system development and manages priorities.
- Identify the need for new system development and manages the list of requirements.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, logistics, transportation, or a related field.
- Extensive experience in logistics, transportation management, operations, preferably in e-commerce.
- Experience in managing a team and a deep understanding of linehaul operations.
- A solid understanding of carrier relations, transportation regulations, and supply chain management.
- Experience in developing and implementing metrics to track transportation performance.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to use data to identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with external carriers and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams such as FC/Hub/Camp.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below. https://www.coupang.jobs/en/privacy-policy/
Document Return Policy (This notice MUST be included in a job posting in Korea only to comply with the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “ Company ”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company (Coupang Recruiting Team, Tower 730, 570 Songpa-daero, Songpa-gu, Seoul). In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.