We exist to wow our customers. We know we’re doing the right thing when we hear our customers say, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Born out of an obsession to make shopping, eating, and living easier than ever, we’re collectively disrupting the multi-billion-dollar e-commerce industry from the ground up. We are one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies that established an unparalleled reputation for being a dominant and reliable force in South Korean commerce.
We are proud to have the best of both worlds — a startup culture with the resources of a large global public company. This fuels us to continue our growth and launch new services at the speed we have been since our inception. We are all entrepreneurial surrounded by opportunities to drive new initiatives and innovations. At our core, we are bold and ambitious people that like to get our hands dirty and make a hands-on impact. At Coupang, you will see yourself, your colleagues, your team, and the company grow every day.
Our mission to build the future of commerce is real. We push the boundaries of what’s possible to solve problems and break traditional tradeoffs. Join Coupang now to create an epic experience in this always-on, high-tech, and hyper-connected world.
Coupang Private Label Brands (CPLB) seeks an experienced, proactive and highly motivated Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who will take frontline responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and control of all related finance activities within the Private Label business. The CFO will take the lead in allowing us to analyze, strategize and grow our financial position. They will not only understand current accounting practices and trends, but will have proven experience navigating large, complex organizations. Excellent communication skills are a must, as the role will require extensive interaction with colleagues from across the business. The successful candidate will play a key role as part of CPLB’s senior leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO on all issues related to business planning, forecasting, budgeting and performance. The CFO will maintain high-level working relationships with stakeholders across Coupang’s businesses and will have significant impact on CPLB’s day-to-day operations.
What you will do:
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project finance information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and related finance initiatives
- Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting for earnings calls, the management team, and the rest of the company
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations; maintain relationships as needed with all required regulatory authorities
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the leadership team to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Educated to masters’ degree-level (preferred) in Accounting, Finance, Management or related field.
- Demonstrable experience as a Senior Finance Manager, Finance Director or CFO.
- In-depth-knowledge of corporate financial law and regulations, including risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in use of financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Proven experience creating strategies to solve complex problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Analytical mindset, strong sense of ownership.
- Bilingual in Korean and English
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
- (The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.